Monday, July 21, 2014

Monarch Butterfly Garland - Free Silhouette File

Hello Friends!


Actually, I probably should have called that picture Monday cheat since this post was meant to be up on Friday afternoon and here it is Monday. I've been working on so many projects at once...I'm afraid this one was neglected so it's the last post and official end of Butterfly Week...on Monday!


This butterfly is slightly different than the other monarch butterflies - I removed some of the finer detail around the edges so that the smaller size would cut cleanly and with few problems. I also used a different pattern to fill this butterfly but I stuck with the black-and-white color scheme.

 
I called this project a garland, though I'm not sure it meets the technical criteria for a garland, among which I think is 'something hanging'. Obviously these butterflies are hanging from nothing; I taped them to the face of the fireplace using washi tape (just enough 'stick' but not too much); I like the free form look of the butterflies without any twine or ribbon.


Although there is less detail in this smaller size, I think there's still enough to identify them as monarch butterflies. These pictures don't quite do this paper version justice - I think I like these danaus plexippus' almost as much as the real thing!

Here's the '.studio' file to download for you Silhouette peeps.

~ M ~

No comments:

Post a Comment